Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where's the beef? It ain't here!


So two weeks ago my girl Kelly Ditto came over to make dinner for my husband and I. While I was full o' baby, she and my other friend Jennifer Ditheridge had been wonderful about stopping by and bringing some din din and some seriously good laughs. She and Jen are definitely on my short list of people that crack my ass up! It's funny because whenever we'd go out while I was pregnant, the three of us look like a Golden Chocolate Creme Oreo. Two Amazonian beautiful blonde's, with this short little round chocolate sister in the middle. (Side note: I am eating some right now...sorry I was pregnant and they were talkin' to me when I walked by them on the shelf at the grocery store and I can't just throw away half a bag of Oreo's just because I'm not pregnant anymore... that's wasteful!)

So on a healthier note, Kelly made these vegan empanadas that were off the hook. She got the original recipe from Veganomicon and tweeked it a little bit. They were ridiculously wonderful. Now originally I was going to retype the recipe and post it, but this recipe is so long that it makes Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" look like lite reading for a Sunday afternoon. That coupled with my new job as hourly milkmaid, has me short on time for typing. I must also warn that it does take a long time to make these empanadas, about 2 hours and 30 minutes, but they are SO worth it if you have the time. Whether you are a vegan, vegetarian or a carnivore I highly recommend adding this cookbook to your library.

No comments:

Post a Comment